Marriott has launched a new summer Global promotion that has almost no aspirational value. In terms of global health crisis due to Corona Virus, it feels like they are planning to shoot themselves in their own foot. The Promotion is as follows:
- Earn 2,000 Bonvoy bonus points for each stay, starting with your second stay
- Valid for stays between March 17 and June 14, 2020
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn
- All hotels globally are participating
- Award stays are not eligible for this promotion
- Registration is required by May 31, 2020
Offer is ideal for people staying 2 nights in a row at Middle tier brands like Sheraton, Le Meridien, Marriott etc where you can earn 1000 points as bonus for check-in plus you get 2000 bonus points making it 3000 points as bonus.
It doesn’t make any sense for longer stays or high end hotels like JW Marriott, St Regis or Ritz Carlton.
You’ll be able to earn the bonus at most participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brands, however:
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points
- Only points-qualifying rates are eligible, so award stays and bookings made through a third-party site like Makemytrip or Expedia won’t earn bonus points
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity
- You must have your Marriott account set to earn points (not miles) to participate in the promotion