For anyone who has traveled internationally and cleared immigration knows that having documents in order allows you to get through immigration faster.
When you are going through immigration, you require following items on hand for faster clearance.
- Visa (if required) or receipt of money paid before immigration for visa on arrival. Normally visa is stamped under the passport. However, with emergence of e-visa, you require carrying a print out of the document which the immigration officer can verify
- Boarding pass of departure/arrival
- Return flight tickets if required
- Any document to prove reason of your visit like invitation, itinerary, business documents etc.
- If it is a strict country, you might have to produce documents as where you might be staying like hotel reservations.
If you are like me and like to keep your CORRECT PRIORITY PASS handy, I add that too on the part of the same folder.
The best way to keep your documents in place every time you are asked for the same is keeping it together in a passport holder. One of the companies you can check out is URBY. They create personalized passport holders with a variety of colors. So if you are in charge of keeping all passport of your family, you can keep them organized.
Your holder arrives in sturdy box, which felt more like swiss army knife box:-
When you open the box, you have a nice cloth passport size holder bag with urby stitched into it.
Urby has a smart leather that looks like iPhone holder from distance. They provide nice back pocket for boarding pass as they know that you don’t need to draw all your documents when you are boarding your flight. Normally on International flights, they are going to check your passport and boarding pass.
These are the specification of Passport Holder that I have:-
- Handcrafted in premium tanned leather
- Rich soft suede interior
- Easy slide-in sleeve for passport
- 3 quick access card slots
- Sleeve pocket for other cards or quick cash
- External sleeve for receipts, foreign currency & more
- Open section for travel documents
- Colour: Classic Black
- Encased in a canvas drawstring pouch
There is no placement of the brand name on the actual holder, which is opportunity missed. There should be a name for the brand somewhere.
The only thing they are missing is a way to tie a ribbon around your neck. The holder is little compact and hence would easily slide into the pocket. However, if you are traveling in shorts and don’t have pockets and prefer having the passport like visitation ID around the neck, then they don’t have an option for you. If you are interested in getting one of those for yourself – Check out the link here.