Finally, we are at the part of year where its considered the back three months of the year. What does that mean? The sale season is coming soon. Soon it would be Christmas joy and everyone would be holidaying different part of the world.
What does that mean for travel industry? They would like to have more slice of the pie from your pocket. So what do they do to ensure that they get the pie and not the competitors? SWEETEN THE POT!
What are the ways they sweeten the pot? There are 2 ways –
1. Provide Sale (which will happen a lot more on surprise weekends and ofcourse Diwali and American Thanksgiving Weekend. )
2. Provide incentives like extra miles and points.
Normally, most of it rolls around November but some like to start the party early.
Who has started the Party?
The promotion, launched today, can be viewed here and needs registration. Here are the key terms of the promotion:
- Promotion needs registration. Register here.
- After registration, you get double Avios on every BA flight [Avios is the name of miles currency of British Airways], even if they are a codeshare on American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia. Qualifying flights include
- A BA prefix on a BA long-haul or short-haul operated service to any destination on the BA global network
- A BA prefix on a transatlantic flight between Europe and North America operated by BA, American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Any Open-skies service from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK
- All domestic and regional BA (operated by SUN AIR of Scandinavia) flights within Europe.
- The promotion does not apply to travel on flights operated by any other BA franchisees, codeshare partners or Oneworld Alliance members.
- The First eight flights (sectors) will get the Double Avios, and these flights have to be booked after registering for the promotion and before December 31, 2017. So Mumbai-London is one segment, however, Mumbai-Paris, Mumbai – Las Vegas or Mumbai – Los Angeles via London is two segments. The more stopovers you take on the same ticket, better the avios.
- Double Avios will be flown on the base miles only, excluding any cabin or tier bonuses.
- Promotion is not valid for Executive Club members in USA, Canada, Mexico and South Africa.
You can find the offer details here.
Travel to Dubai, Europe or USA in any class and earn Triple Bonus Miles.
You have to register for this promotion too.
Indulge in gourmet cuisine and over 2,500 channels of entertainment, or stretch your legs and relax in our spacious on-board lounge*.
Book by 30 October 2017 for travel 31 March 2018.
*On-board lounge available on the Emirates A380
Key Terms and Conditions:
• The Emirates Skywards ‘India Bonus Miles Offer Oct 2017’ promotion is open to all Skywards members who:
o Are residents in India.
o Are Emirates Skywards members, or who become a member by 30 October 2017.
o Purchase and complete issuance of a return ticket on eligible flights operated and marketed by Emirates between 10 October and 30 October 2017, as per the ‘Date of Issue’ on the e-ticket receipt.
o Complete travel between 20 October 2017 and 31 March 2018.
o Have registered for the promotion before travel commences. Skysurfers can register only with consent from their Parent/Guardian. Please contact the Emirates Contact Centre.
o The journey must originate from Mumbai; Ahmedabad; Hyderabad; Delhi; Kolkata; Chennai; Bangalore; Trivandrum; Kochi for travel to Dubai; New York; New Jersey; Washington; Boston; Fort Lauderdale; Orlando; Houston; Dallas; Chicago; Seattle; Los Angeles; San Francisco; London; Manchester; Birmingham; New Castle; Glasgow; Dublin; Amsterdam; Brussels; Paris; Nice; Lyon; Frankfurt; Dusseldorf; Hamburg; Madrid; Barcelona; Lisbon; Vienna; Budapest; Prague; Zagreb; Warsaw; Zurich; Geneva; Larnaca; Malta; Athens; Istanbul; Oslo; Stockholm; Copenhagen; Moscow; St Petersburg; Milan; Bologna; Rome; Venice.
• The bonus multiple is based on the base Miles earned. The bonus applicable for this promotion is 200% extra base Miles in First, Business and Economy Class on eligible flights only.
• One way journeys will earn half the amount of bonus Miles.
• Codeshare flights are excluded from the offer.
• Tickets purchased under Cash plus Miles are not eligible for the bonus.
• If a member has registered for two or more Skywards promotions and has flown on a flight that qualifies for bonus Miles under each promotion, only the higher of the two eligible bonuses will be earned. This does not apply to the First Flight Bonus which is applied mandatorily.
• Bonuses apply as per the original ticketed class, excluding any subsequent reward or complimentary upgrades, or other changes.