IHG is not a loyalty program and that I admire. If you hold top tier status with IHG – you still don’t get a complimentary breakfast.
There are following issues with IHG
- Holding top tier status with IHG doesn’t get you free Breakfast.
- Your status doesn’t hold any value if you are redeeming a night.
- IHG food except at Intercontinental and Kimpton hotels, there is nothing to write home about. Usually the breakfast are overpriced.
However, This time around – IHG has provided 2 promotions that can be stacked and would allow to earn free night rather quickly.
Earn Up To 4x Points With IHG Rewards Club
IHG Rewards Club’s new promotion offers up to 4x points on stays. The way the promotion is structured you earn:
- 1,000 bonus points for your first stay
- 2x bonus points for your second stay (up to 200,000 points)
- 3x bonus points for your third stay (up to 200,000 points)
- 4x bonus points starting with your fourth stay (up to 200,000 points)
The promotion is valid when you register and book by December 15, 2019, and travel through January 31, 2020.
Make Every Stay Count (Accelerate Fall 2019)
IHG’s current global promotion is called “Make Every Stay Count” (it’s a version of their Accelerate offer), and it’s valid for stays between September 1 and December 31, 2019.
Just to maximize the best value of Promotion – I need to stay 2 Saturdays at Holiday Inn Express (the cheapest brand of the portfolio) using additional points package and I can net 17800 points.
So in short for just 2 stays
Base Points of the stay
4x Points of the base stay points
Welcome benefit points (400 points)
Elite Tier Benefit Points
Bonus points (usually 1000 to 2000 points package)
The stack can easily become 40,000 to 50,000 points for 2 stays. That makes the stay almost complimentary. This is highly lucrative promotion if participated. Atleast I can earn free nights very quickly. It gets even better if we add PointsBreak Promotion for the redemption.