Marriott is out with their last global promotion of the year. The promotion Megabonus: In More Places
In this new Marriott Megabonus promotion, members earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards points for each completed stay of two nights or more. To be eligible for this bonus, you’ll have to register for the promotion after logging into your account. Once registered, you can earn additional points on stays from September 26, 2018, through January 2019.
If you end up staying at multiple Marriott International brands, you earn another 1000 Marriott Rewards points at every brand after the first brand. So make sure you mix things up a bit while booking your hotel stays. Last, Marriott will be going live with an online game called 29 Ways to Stay on October 4, where you can win prizes including points and free night certificates.
Important terms and conditions of this promotion include:
- Offer valid on participating Marriott, SPG & Ritz Carlton properties.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Only open to legal residents of the 50 US/DC/PR, AR (excluding MZ, NQ, RN, SA, & TF), CA, CL, CN, CR, DE, DO, FR, HK, IN, JP, KP, MX, NL, PE, UK, ZA.
I find offer very weak as terms and conditions stop you from making any real amount of bonus. You get 2000 points from your second 2+ night stay.
You get only 1000 points per brand for 2 nights which is weak. So you have to keep changing brands. You can stay with one brand only once to get bonus points. Due to the limited footprint of brands. Most people won’t have access to more than 14 brands. Just for 1000 points, it is not even worth it.